The African fashion event finally arrives in style on the 6th of September at the Dusit Thani hotel Dubai. with a solid diaspora population of over one-million royal African residents in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates,
Time for Africa show will be very well attended. Hosted by the reputable Runway Dubai fashion company will be one of the most memorable events held in Dubai this Year.
The motive of the event is to highlight the diversity of the different cultures and the major role it plays in the fashion industry. With a very well planned program that will see children models, African arts and crafts, display of culture and fashion shows, the event promises a virtual trip to Africa.
There will be a showcase of African designers who will be exhibiting the colorful culture and styles from different regions. There will be display of arts, crafts and music. A replica of a typical African museum will be setup for guests to enjoy.
African celebrities like Zubby Michael a Nollywood Actor, Miss Nigeria USA 2019 Funmike Lagoke, Gbenro Agibade an actor and brand ambassador and Sunday Bamgbose a model and Actor will all be present at the event.
The designers from different parts of Africa that will be showcasing their talents are:
- A new touch of Africa, a mother-daughter duo, that designs with African prints and exquisite laces.
- Mambo jambo designs by Jamila Abri an emerging talent who designs stunning and comfortable African wear.
- Prestige fashion, based in the UAE is a creative brand that promotes elegance and confidence through the African culture.
- Zee4kids a kids fashion label that designs contemporary wear for children by designer Zuena Rajab
- Farah Fashion designs by Hinda Abdelssemed an Algerian designer who combines the African style with Abaya designs.
- Ayesha Zaki an Indian designer and Film maker who has transformed the Indian sari with African fabrics
- KENZI is a brand out of the beautiful Congo by the singer and song writer Spirita Nanda whose shoe designs are inspired by the famous African prints.
- Blessed with Black by Modupe Omonze who is the founder of Runway Dubai a fashion designer that is redefining the African style by creating a unique collection after a design break of over seven years.